The Hidden Cost of Knowledge Loss and The Business Case for Blueprint
Discover how inefficient knowledge searching
could be impacting your firm's bottom line
- and how Tiger Eye Blueprint could
help you to save time and
costs on knowledge retrieval.
About Our Calculators
52% of knowledge workers say their productivity is hurt by findability problems (APQC ®, 2021).
An effective Knowledge Management solution could help your firm to:
- Reduce time wasted on searching extensively for knowledge and expertise
- Reduce time wasted on recreating knowledge that already exists
- Reduce the impact of knowledge loss when experts leave your business
Use our ROI calculators below to discover the hidden cost of findability issues, and explore the benefits of Blueprint for Knowledge Management for firmwide efficiency, productivity and cost savings.
This material is the property of APQC ®. All rights reserved.
The Potential Hidden Cost of Knowledge Inefficiencies
References and Parameters
-  According to a recent study, knowledge workers spend on average 2.8 hours per week looking for or requesting information needed to do work (Source: APQC ®, 2021)
-  According to a recent study, knowledge workers spend on average 1.7 hours per week looking for the right person to answer questions or provide expertise (Source: APQC ®, 2021)
-  According to a recent study, 55% of knowledge workers spend 1-5 hours per week recreating information that already exists elsewhere in the organization (Source: APQC ®, 2021)
The Potential ROI of Blueprint’s Knowledge Search Capabilities
References and Parameters
- According to a recent study, knowledge workers waste more than 10% of their working hours looking for information and expertise (APQC ®, 2021)
-  We estimate that the average knowledge worker carries out four knowledge searches per day, including searching for precedents, checklists and best practice guidance
-  We estimate that the average knowledge search without a comprehensive knowledge bank takes 15 minutes, including time spent searching file stores, emailing colleagues and/or calling experts
-  We estimate that it takes on average 30 seconds to retrieve know-how via Blueprint, including time spent entering search text, clicking search and filtering relevant results
-  We estimate that the average Blueprint user spends 2 minutes per day searching for knowledge using the system, with an average of four searches carried out per working day
-  We estimate that the average knowledge worker has 21.62 working days per month when working a 37.5 hour week